For a free Chess Coach Material Kit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, club/team name, and your mailing address.
Downloads for Coaches
- Sample Registration Forms (Folder)
- Sample After School Enrichment Registration Form
- Sample Chess Camp Registration Form
- Sample Tournament Registration Form (Simple)
- Sample Tournament Reg Form (4-page)
Chess Club Documents (Folder)
- Chess Club Rules
- Chess Club Seeks Coach Ad
- Chess Coach Seeks Club Ad
- Qualities of a Quality Coach
- Blank Boards for Composing
- Blank Notation
- Movement Cards
- Notation Teacher
- Benefits of Chess (to show potential schools)
- First Tournament (a handout for parents)
- “Chess Parent 101” – Learn from my mistakes and subsequent experience as a parent and coach in this 5 minute slide show.
Click to View
Click to Download
“You Should Know This!” – This slide show will answer many of your questions in only 12 minutes. I tell you about a) Three Abnormal Chess Moves, b) Eight ways a game can end in a draw, c) What are the 3 kinds of BYES, d) How Swiss System pairings work, and, e) USCF General Info and USCF website.
“Welcome to Tournament Chess!” – This quick slide show (7 minutes) makes sure you understand the basics of United States Chess Federation (USCF) tournaments. Subjects include: De-coding tournament format terminology, What is “Touch Move”?, chess clocks (timers), notation (recording moves), spectator policies, and determination of award winners.